Vegas 911 Cup Tournament Rules
All players are to be sworn full-time or retired Police, Fire, Military (prior service),correc- tions, and EMT. PLAYERS MUST PRODUCE ID’S UPON REQUEST.
If a formal complaint filed regarding a team member not being a public safety personnel and this allegation is found to be true after an investigation, your team will DQ all previous games and the player in question will not under any circumstances be allowed to finish the tourna- ment. It is posted on all our flyers & on the website. We hold all players to the utmost of honor to follow this very important rule. Only non-sworn players allowed will be generous sponsors/donors of the charity and must be approved by tournament committee.
Tournament committee reserves the right to modify the format in division(s) that lack proper number of teams prior to the beginning of the event.
1. The games will be 3 – 15 minute periods. These periods will be run time.
2. The clock will only stop if the game is within 1 goal and within the last 2 minutes of the game.
3. There are NO timeouts in round robin play, only playoffs.
4. Icing will be waved off if the goaltender leaves the crease, whether or not he plays the puck. The area consists of the blue crease. All icing at the discretion of the refs.
5. USA hockey rules apply.
6. All referee decisions are FINAL. Official’s/referee’s calls, consistent with the rules of the sport, are not subject to protest.
7. If the game is running long – the third period time may be adjusted to fit the time frame.
8. Division standings/seeds are based on: POINTS, HEAD TO HEAD, GOALS AGAINST, PIM, COIN FLIP.
If a pool has an Odd number of teams. The team that plays the extra game will only be al- lowed points for the first three games. The fourth game played will still count for head to head if needed for seeding.
9. There will be zero tolerance for fighting or violent play. Any player penalized for fight- ing or violent or intentional contact, or incurring a match or gross penalty will be removed from play for the balance of the tournament and possibly future Vegas 911 Cups. No matter how far you’ve traveled, zero tolerance is zero tolerance!
10. Any player receiving 4 minor penalties in a game will be removed from that game. A dou- ble minor will be considered as two penalties and coincidental will also count toward total penalties.
11. Delayed off-sides are in effect. Attacking players can clear the zone by making skate contact with the blue line. When the attacking zone is clear of all attacking players, the de- layed off-side is nullified.
12. The Home team shall select their jersey color, either white or dark, and advise the visit- ing team of their preference.
13. Shootout (USED ONLY FOR PLAYOFFS and CHAMPIONSHIPS) if, at the end, a game remains tied; a shootout shall be used to determine a winner. The following procedure will apply: THREE SHOOTERS. IF TIED AFTER THAT, SUDDEN DEALTH PENALTY SHOTS.
14. Delay of game, If a defensive player or goalie shoots the puck out of play in their zone, without touching the glass or the boards, regardless of size of glass, a delay of game penalty will be called.
15. Gretzky Rule- For the Lower Division, the Gretzky rule will be in effect. No player shall score more than (3) goals in a game. More than (3) goals, the goal will be disallowed.